+s.i.m.p.l.e+p.h.o.t.o.s+

by +s.i.m.p.l.e+g.u.y+

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Church of St. Anne, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia

Went to the church for a photo shooting, realise that there are a feast going on in the church started yesterday (21st July 2006).

St. Anne Novena and Feast, it's a yearly event where many people, catholic or non-catholic will come and visit and join the event prepared by the church.

Well, I was there for photo shooting only and din't plan to join the event. Here is some of the picture I took just now.

The old church

































































Around the church












































































































































































































































Bell tower at the new church














































Dataran St. Anne










































Around the church, there is some life size station of the cross, which showing the life of jesus ended on a cross.
























I am condemned to death


















I am made to carry my cross


















I fall the first time


















I meet my sorrowful mother


















Simon is forced to carry my cross


















Veronica wipes my face


















later that they found the cloth with the jesus face image remained on the cloth
























I fall the second time


















I meet the wailing women of jerusalem


















I fall a third time


















I am stripped off my clothes


















I am nailed to the cross


















I die on the cross
























I am taken down from the cross
























My body is put in a tomb


















I am the resurrection and the life

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:46:00 PM, Anonymous Juliana said…

    Hi,I'm Juliana from St.anne's church choir.Thanks for your effords to add in beautiful pics of our church.Please come to this year's feast(2009) and novenas because you'll be hearing us sing.I'm the youngest(teenager)there and we are the Adult English Choir.I hope that you will add about us in your blog about St.Anne;s Church,BM.Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home